Hello PopCap friends, fans and family, and welcome to another edition of In the News. This week, it seems nearly everyone is talking about a game that’s not too far off – Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare – and the excitement is high.
- Softonic gives a great big “let the battle commence” overview on the upcoming Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, digging into to everything from character classes to influences on the game (including Modern Warfare and Battlefield). It’s a good one to read to get your PvZ Garden Warfare ducks in a row.
- Follow that up with an interesting Polygon piece on PvZ Garden Warfare, all about taking the normally 2-D characters and transforming them so they fit into a 3-D landscape. It’s a great place to start learning more about the game’s characters and about the minds behind the game.
- Then head over to Techno Buffalo to get the scoop about the 4-player co-op mode in PvZ Garden Warfare and see an accompanying video that’s sure to get you excited for the game’s release. Also, it has this great quote: “’Crazy Dave’ and ‘flying RV,’ you say? Sold.”
- But don’t forget PvZ Garden Warfare’s siblings. Gieson Cacho is giving out three recommendations for iOS games you should own on the Times Herald site, and naturally one of them is Plants vs. Zombies 2. We agree with her wholeheartedly when she says “Plants vs Zombies 2 is a sequel worthy of the great original.”
- All this powerful Plants vs. Zombies talk shouldn’t make you forget about our other games, including the beautiful Bejeweled Blitz, which has also had some fun happenings lately. As Make Use Of details, we recently updated the game on the App Store and the Google Play store so that folks playing on iOS and Android devices can utilize the amazing Ice Burrrst Rare Gem!