Our charming, talented, helpful and whip-smart Marketing Champ Rachel is back with another round-up of right-off-the-presses righteous news briefs. That’s right, it’s time for In the News.
- Last week, Bernie Yee, senior producer on Plants vs. Zombies 2, was interviewed by Fox News and Daytime, a morning show in Tampa, Florida. Check out what Bernie has to say about Plants vs. Zombies 2, and don’t miss the zombie sneaking up on the host!
- NBCNews.com asks the question: “Can Plants vs. Zombies become a Mario-sized gaming empire?” Find out what they have to say!
- The News Observer lists Plants vs. Zombies 2 as one of their game picks for the week. They say that PvZ 2 is “more graceful about the way it goes about the free-to-play business model” and that, although you do have to replay levels to collect stars, it “never really feels like that much of a chore” due to the new objectives.
- This week, we had a few celebrity tweets about their love for Plants vs. Zombies 2. Checkout tweets from Jamie Foxx, Project Runway star Kenley Collins, and Kevin Hart.
- Last but not least, PopCap and Plants vs. Zombies 2 were featured in an extremely popular Chinese TV show called Day Day Up. The show has a weekly audience of more than 100 million viewers! Watch the segment HERE (PopCap starts 42 minutes in).