PR populist and Marketing Coordinator (and really, all around good egg) Rachel is thankfully back and bringing us all hot words on the street in this episode of In The News.
Not only was PopCap all over the place at San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC), but we were all over the news as well! The Dark Horse comic Plants vs. Zombies: Lawnmageddon was released, we announced our Munny auction for charity, and debuted a Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Jay and Silent Bob cartoon mash-up!
- In addition to teaming up with PopCap to create a fantastic comic, Dark Horse created an iOS app for all their PvZ-themed comics! For more details, see what Polygon, Slide to Play and The Escapist had to say.
- At SDCC, we had 24 18” Mega Munnys on display which were decorated and designed by different artists, including some of our very own talented PopCap comrades! Over the past week, these were open for bidding to benefit Child’s Play, a charity that provides video games and consoles to children in hospitals worldwide.
- Although the bidding is over, you can take a look at the Munnys here: http://www.popcap.com/SDCC2013
- Catch up on the details of this fundraiser with Polygon!
- The 3 installments of Plants vs. Zombies vs. Jay and Silent Bob were shown at SDCC, and you can watch all of them HERE. You won’t believe the crazy zombie-filled shenanigans Jay and Silent Bob get into when they jump inside the Plants vs. Zombies 2 universe!
- If you don’t live in Australia or New Zealand, and you haven’t had a chance to play Plants vs. Zombies 2, check out IGN’s video review about the soon-to-be launched game!
- Now for some exciting Plants vs. Zombies Adventures news! Brainball, a new competitive mode in the game, was launched a couple weeks ago. Gamezebo has all the details on how this new mode works.