In this week’s installment (sadly put together without PR maestro Rachel, and so maybe not as wonderful as usual, and maybe a little shorter than past In the News posts, but we’re muddling through, cause we have to, cause even PR people need vacations sometimes).
- In a recent article on Pocket Gamer, Senior Producer Allen Murray does an interview all about Plants vs. Zombies 2 goodness. That and how he dreams about tacos.
- Boing Boing gave a snazzy little shout out to a new Harper Collins book release that young and old zombie lovers will want to check out: Plants vs. Zombies: The Three Little Pigs Fight Back. It’s not released yet, but you can pre-order and be the first on your block to get it!
- Peggle was free last week (sorry if you missed it — but it’s only $.99 today!) in honor of the App Store’s 5th anniversary, and App Advice, when talking about the game and the celebration, said it was “the ultimate casual gaming experience for iOS.” We agree!
- Here’s a really interesting piece on Eurogamer.net by Senior Staff Writer Christian Donlan, where he revisits Bejeweled Twist, a game he admits he didn’t love when it came out, but on playing it again says: “Twist’s brilliant fun, then – it’s just not particularly easy to get to grips with.”
- To tie it all together, here’s one more from Eurogamer’s Christian Donlan, an in-depth look at Plants vs. Zombies 2, which was (as detailed in this Blog Ride post by the aforementioned Mr. Murray) recently soft launched in Australia and New Zealand. The article hits a lot of the awesomeness of the new version of Plants vs. Zombies, but we especially like what he says about three of our favorite new plants in the game: “All three feel like classics in the making.” Read it to find out which ones he means!