Today’s In the News missive has been managed by Rachel our mod marketing coordinator, who once, long ago, was referred to here on the Blog Ride as a PR intern. Luckily she got the PopCap tattoo and is now here forever. Which is great, cause if she wasn’t here, who would collect these wondrous snippets of PopCap-ophilia for you?
We have a ton of great coverage this week including a new breed of Bejeweled Blitz, and PopCap games that are helping the colorblind match gems and blast balls!
- Last week PopCap had TWO games on the top 20 list of fastest-growing Daily Active Users on Facebook! According to Inside Social Games, Solitaire Blitz came in at #5, while Zuma Blitz was #15!
- Plants vs. Zombies is also getting some love from Kotaku and is listed as one of the 12 Best Games on the iPhone. They say the game is a good match for all those “urban gardeners” out there.
- Check out this boxing movie montage-style video, on the AOL Games Blog, announcing Bejeweled Blitz: Rubies and Riches. The Game Show Network and PopCap have come together to allow players to compete for cash and prizes in the brand new Rubies and Riches.
- If you own a NOOK, you’re in luck! Plants vs. Zombies and Bejeweled 2 are now on the Nook HD and Nook HD+. Engadget has all the details.
- Last, but not least, The Wall Street Journal wrote an article about colorblindness and technology. PopCap was mentioned as a video game developer that has enforced gaming disability guidelines, with both Peggle and Zuma Blitz including a colorblind mode.