Today, we’re here to provide you with a reprieve from all of the Super Bowl hype. Whether you watched it or not, I’m sure your Facebook feed kept you informed about all the Super Bowl-related news (the Giants! And Madonna!), so let’s move on from that and get to some real business, video games. Check out all of our PopCap news below:
- YouTube user TrangLoL plays Watery Graves — the music from the water levels in PvZ – on his guitar. Check out his sweet rendition here:
- If you know the name Curt Schilling, you know that he’s a Cy Young Award winning pitcher. Apparently, he’s also a huge gamer and has even launched his own video game, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. In an interview with VentureBeat, Schilling talks about his experience developing this game and mentions Plants vs. Zombies as as an example of a game that endures over time.
- Our own John Vechey was part of a forum last Friday with NASA Administrator, Charles Bolden, to talk about higher education funding for careers in science, technology and engineering.
- We recently held a luncheon with some social media moms in the Atlanta area to talk about our games. Read about their experience here.
- Lastly, we just uploaded our latest podcast, where we talk to SpryFox co-founder Daniel Cook about Triple Town and the challenges of monetization in video games.