Today, we all gather together to worship a rat.
Did anyone even care about the second of February before 1993? Sure, sure, it was already a holiday, but nobody gets the day off or gets paid time-and-a-half for it, so as holidays go, no big deal. But Groundhog Day may be the single greatest holiday movie ever.
In honor of this undisputed cinematic classic (yes, I said undisputed, which only invites dispute, I realize), and I suppose, in honor of the actual day itself, I’ve compiled a little quiz for you, fair BlogRiders.
(Note: this is for fun. You won’t win anything. Also, this is for fun. I didn’t want to make up challenging questions.) 1. Whom would you punch every day if you saw him on the corner?
- Ned Ryerson
- Needlenose Ned
- Ned the Head
- All of the above
2. What day would Phil rather have had on endless repeat?
- The day he saw Cats on Broadway.
- A day he spent in the Virgin Islands.
- The day he first read Baudelaire’s Fleurs du Mal.
- His first day on the air with the Home Shopping Network.
3. Where is Groundhog Day set?
- Miami Beach
4. What song does Phil awaken to?
- I Got You Babe
- Never Gonna Give You Up
- Back in Time
- The Power of Love
5. Define “good.”
- Anything different
- Bill Murray in Groundhog Day!
- Bill Murray. In anything.
- All of the above.
Extra credit: In what movie does the main character actually awaken to the song “Back in Time?” Just kidding, there is no credit, so there is no extra credit. But feel free to leave your answer in the comments!
Now do yourself a favor, and go watch Groundhog Day!
Um, I mean, play a game. Do that first. And often. But also, watch Groundhog Day.